Quick Facts About Michael Thompson
|Celebrated Name||Michael Thompson|
|Nick Name||Michael Thompson|
|Birth Name||Michael Hayes Thompson|
|Place Of Birth||Tucson, Arizona|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|High School||University High School|
|University||Tulane University, University of Alabama|
|Best Known For||Won 2 PGA Tour as of July 2020|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft)|
|Weight||185 lbs (84 kg)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Daughter||Laurel Marie (Adopted)|
|Source of Wealth||Prize Money, endorsements (golfer)|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
Michael Hayes Thompson, professionally known as Michael Thompson is an American professional golfer. Thompson turned professional in 2008 and currently plays on the PGA Tour. He reached the career-high ranking at No. 43 in March 2013. He has won two PGA Tour: 2013 Honda Classic and 2020 3M Open at TPC Twin Cities. He played golf at Tulane University and the University of Alabama.
What is Michael Thompson Famous For?
- Named Arizona High School State Player of the Year in 2002 and 2003.
- 2008 SEC Player of the Year.
- Won 3M Open in 2020.
Where is Michael Thompson Born?
Michael Thompson was born on 16 April 1985. His birth name is Michael Hayes Thompson. His birth place is in Tucson, Arizona in the United States. He holds an American nationality. He belongs to white ethnicity. Information about his parents is not available.
He attended University High School in Tucson, Arizona. He won the Class 4A state team championship in 2003. He was named the Arizona High School State Player of the Year twice, in 2002 and 2003.
Following high school graduation, he attended Tulane University. He played two golf seasons at Tulane. However, the university disbanded its golf team after Hurricane Katrina. He then transferred to the University of Alabama. While playing for Alabama, he was named the 2008 SEC Player of the Year.
Michael Thompson Golf Career
- As an amateur, he reached the final in the 2007 U.S. Amateur. Colt Knost defeated him.
- His performance in 2007 U.S. Amateur earned him invitations to the 2008 Masters Tournament and the 2008 U.S. Open.
- He missed the cut in the 2008 Masters Tournament.
- He was the low amateur at the 2008 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines, finishing in 28th place scoring a nine-over-par 292.
- He made the cut and shot a three-under-par 277 to finish tied for 58th in the Travelers Championship.
- He won the 2008 Palmer Cup with the U.S. national team.
- He spent one week as number one in the World Amateur Golf Ranking before turning a professional. He turned professional in July 2008.
- He won the 2010 Michelob Ultra Classic and was named the 2010 Hooters Tour Player of the Year.
- He finished tied for 16th in the 2010 PGA Tour Q-School.
- He finished tied for second with Graeme McDowell to record his best finish in a major championship, 2012 U.S. Open.
- He reached No. 52 in the Official World Golf Ranking.
- He missed the cut in the 2012 Open Championship. He earned the entry to the championship as an alternate due to injury to a number of players.
- He earned his first PGA Tour win at the 2013 Honda Classic.
- His win at the 2013 Honda Classic moved him to a career-high ranking at No. 45.
- He later won the Albertsons Boise Open in 2016.
- He had only one top-10 finish in the 2019-20 PGA Tour season. He finished T8 at the RBC Heritage.
- He missed the cut at the Workday Charity Open.
- He missed the cut in seven of his first 11 appearances in the 2019-20 season.
- He won the 3M Open at TPC Twin Cities in July 2020.
- With the win, he earned PGA Tour for two years. He also earned the spots in both the WGC-FedEx St. Jude Invitational and the PGA Championship.
How Tall is Michael Thompson?
Michael Thompson stands at a height of 1.83 i.e. 6 feet tall. He has a body weight of 185 lbs i.e. 84 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is blue and his hair color is dark brown.
Who is Michael Thompson Married to?
Michael Thompson is a married man. He is married to Rachel Thompson. Rachel is a Doctor of Physical Therapy. She graduated from Emory University. They first met while attending Tulane University. She even caddied for Thompson during his only win on the regular Hooters Tour. The couple has a son, Joshua Cole born on 21 October 2016. The couple adopted a baby girl, Laurel Marie in March 2020.
He lives in Birmingham, Alabama.
Source: [email protected]
Michael Thompson Net Worth
Michael Thompson earns from his professional career as a golfer. Having turned professional in 2008, he has won 2 PGA Tours. He won $6.6 million in the purse when he won the 3M Open in July 2020. His net worth is estimated at $5 million.